If you telephone the surgery when it is closed you will be offered the option of calling our Out-of-Hours service or contacting the freephone 111 service depending on the time you call.

You may also wish to consider the following options:
1. Ring 111 for medical advice outside surgery hours.
2. If you have a minor injury go to the Minor Injuries Unit based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Open every day from 8.00a.m. until 8.00p.m.
3. If you need to see a GP or Nurse Practitioner for minor ailments go to the Walk-In Centre at Rockingham House, Broad Lane, S1 3PG. Tel 241 2700. This includes emergency contraception and any other minor health condition. Opening hours 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. every day.
4. If you have an accident or an emergency then attend the Accident & Emergency Department (Casualty) at the Northern General Hospital. Patients under 16 should attend the A&E Department at the Children’s Hospital. Please phone 999 for emergencies
5. If you need to request a home visit please ring 0114 2455112 (Elm Lane Surgery) or 0114 2451880 (Chapeltown Surgery) before 11am Monday-Friday and you will be directed accordingly.
6. Your local pharmacist will be able to give you free health advice. The Wicker Chemist operates extended hours every day. Tel: 0114 2727676
7. Patients requiring emergency contraception should be seen as soon as possible after the episode of unprotected intercourse.  Patients requiring emergency contraception can contact Sexual Health Sheffield on 01142268888 to book a call back from an experienced clinical pharmacists.  Alternatively please follow the link for further information: Emergency Contraception | Sexual Health Sheffield - Meeting Your Sexual Health Needs 

8. Enhanced Access Appointments Remote and face-to-face appointments can be made with a variety of GP practice staff including Doctors, Advance Care Practitioners, Nurses, Nurse Associates, Health Care Assistants, Physiotherapists and, Pharmacists. Initially appointments can be booked through you practice reception team.  Appointments are based at Flowers Health Centre and Norwood Medical Centre.





Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website